Moose Hotel & Suites Covid Update
Saturday April 17th, 2021
April 17, 2021 Reported COVID-19 outbreak at Moose Hotel & Suites Read our Statement
Tuesday April 6, 2021
On Tuesday, April 6th, the Province of Alberta mandated stronger public health measures in Alberta, in place until further notice.
See details here: alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx
Prior to visiting Banff, please make yourself aware of the provincial measures in place.
Banff Lodging Co hotels, and condominiums remain open as an essential service for travelers, out of town workers, and residents requiring alternative housing.
Pacini is open for take-out and outdoor patio seating.
Meadow Spa & Pools is open by appointment.
Pools, Hot Tubs, Saunas, Fitness Rooms
Pool & Hot Pool Update
On April 8th, our pool and hot pools were permitted to open with strict provincial capacity restrictions in place. Reservations can be made for individual cohorts and we will use an appointment system with scheduled time slots for each group.
The pool and hot pool bookings will be made on a same-day basis, in person through the front desk; information will be provided upon check-in at your hotel. The pool and hot pool use is subject to change at any time including last minute closures.
This will make it difficult to accommodate every guest cohort when our hotels are busy and we cannot guarantee that every guest will have access to our pool and hot pool.
We appreciate guest patience while we adapt to changing guidelines.
Alberta Health Services alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx
Banff/Lake Louise information banfflakelouise.com/travel-information
Banff National Park www.pc.gc.ca/en/pn-np/ab/banff/visit/covid-19-info
Hotel and Condo Accommodations
- The province has mandated that no social gatherings shall occur, in any setting, including private homes or public spaces. This includes hotel rooms and condominiums.
- Indoor close contacts must be limited to people from the same household.
- Outdoor social gatherings are limited.
- Masks are required in all public indoor spaces and in designated outdoor spaces in Banff along Banff Avenue and through the downtown shopping district.
- See Banff details here: www.banff.ca/COVID
Retail, Attractions, and Other Services
- Retail businesses remain open with reduced capacity to 15% occupancy.
- Calling a business ahead to understand hours of operation and unique protocols in advance is recommended.
For more information, please reference:
Our Safecation Commitment
SAFECATION commitment is to lead with hospitality practices that ensure the safety of our guests, our employees, and our community.
While travel may look different, what remains the same for Banff Lodging Company is our friendly, welcoming staff who are committed to providing comfortable, safe and engaging visitor experiences.
Enhanced measures to ensure your travel safety
Training & Employees
- Heightened cleaning and physical distancing protocols
- Enhanced Employee Health Training and expectations, mandatory training before return-to-work begins
- PPE protocol standardized across all departments
- Installation of plexiglass barriers and hand sanitization stations in high use areas
- Enhanced, scheduled cleaning and disinfecting on high touch surfaces and public areas
- Physical distancing renovation to public areas and restaurants
- Minimized high touch room amenities such as guest directories, magazines
- No-contact arrival and departure
Banff Lodging Co adheres to Alberta Health Services guidelines as our governing agency for covid-safe protocols, and go above and beyond when possible.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting measures in line with AHS protocols
- Quick access to a variety of recreation trails
- Friendly, knowledgeable staff with mandatory preventive education and training
- Your own kitchen and living space
- Exterior access to your guestroom
- Located in quiet, spacious areas close to nature and away from crowds
- Kitchenettes in spacious suites
- Outdoor staircases and hallways to all floors
- Exterior access to your guestroom (excludes Moose hotel rooms)
- Modified room service available
- Staircase and elevator access to rooms
- Spacious lobbies
- Modified room service available
Temporary Mask Bylaw – Banff
All indoor public spaces in Banff and the Downtown Pedestrian areas will require mask use when visiting. This includes all indoor hotel public spaces (lobbies, corridors etc.), restaurants when not seated at a table, all cinema common areas when not seated, and spa and retail areas. Details can be found online: banff.ca/covidmasks